Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Feeling Sentimental



Just feeling sentimental.

He passed a few years ago. It seems like just yesterday we were dancing in Grandma's kitchen while I stood on his feet. He would always cut up apples for me with a pocket knife that I now reluctantly possess. Lew's Auto Trim was his life, second only to his faith & family.

We would pick up pecans in the pasture and carry them in Folger's coffee cans. He would never raise his voice at me. Just a stern look from him kept me behaved. It's funny how you can tick off your mom and irritate your grandma to no end, but even slightly disappoint your grandpa and the world has come to an end.

My cousin Shayne and I lived with our grandparents most of our lives (he more than I). Grandpa always made time for us. He was busy with running a business, manicuring his lawn to a fine art, taking care of critters, gardens, various honey-do's that Grandma would always have for him, but he always made time for us.
Just missing you, Grandpa.

Love,

Little Lisa



No comments: