Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I’ve Been Alone Too Long


By D W

It’s funny how you can go on living
And lose the simple knack of giving
It slips away before you know it’s gone.
You build up walls and before you know it,
Someone moves you and you’d like to show it
But you just can’t find a way to get it done.

I’ve been alone too long.
Now why don’t you see?
I’ve been alone too long,
That’s all that’s wrong with me,
I could build you a dream,
Paint you a sunrise,
Write you a beautiful song,
But I don’t know how.
I’ve been alone too long.

It’s funny how you can cut off feeling
And tell yourself that your wounds are healing
When all you’ve done is turn the pain inside
Now you know no one can get to you,
Though some people’s smiles can cut right through you
You look for that knack and find it’s died.

I’ve forgotten how, I’ve been alone too long.

No comments: