Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Jacob

This is my precious Jacob Charlie Weathers Qualls (14 1/2)! This picture is at last weekend's football game: Us (Sperry Pirates @ Pawhuska Huskies). I must say, we have a pretty awesome band.
Right now he is "going out" with a cute little girl named Ashley. A bunch of the girls got together with Jacob's little brother Matthew and pranked him. They sporked the front yard and wrote all kinds of goosey sweet stuff all over his windows. He was in shock I think from the intense friendship that he has with these kids.
My baby Jake currently wants to be a forensic scientist. This does not surprise me in the least. He will be the best there is too! Once upon a time a few years ago, my husband working the graveyard shift was home at night on the weekend but could not sleep. He was up playing the PS2 in the living room when he heard Jacob shout, "Dad! Dad!" Gary jumped up and ran into Jake's room to see what on earth could be the matter. Well, Jacob was sitting straight up in bed with his eyes open but kind of glazed over. He said, "Dad! Dad! I finally figured it out!"
Gary said, "Figured what out?"
"The molecular stability of drizzle!"
"What?!? You did what?"
"Oh Dad. Nevermind." And to that he lay back down and slept peacefully the rest of the night.
His dad, Gary, was a little amazed. We all were.

This kid is like a genius child. I thought I was bad asking why, what if, and how come when I was a child. Forget about it! Jake has us all beat! He could rationalize and theorize with any formidable opponent.
And above all that, he has the sweetest disposition of any teenage boy I've ever known. He believes in chivalry and courtship. And he is still only 14 and 1/2. (I have to put that 1/2 in there!)
God help me. He's going to have to chase the girls away with a stick.
He went to his first high school dance this year. The homecoming dance. That's when he and Ashley started going together. Of course he still has other girls waiting in line, so to speak. But I can understand being a young teenage girl with stars in her eyes.
Speaking of eyes, when Jacob was born his eyes were the strangest lavender color. They were so beautiful, it took your breath away. He still has sparkling beautiful hazely eyes.
That's the beginning of me telling all of you about my baby Jake. (And yes, he will still be my baby when he's 40!)

No comments: