Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dreams, I Awaken Thee!

The comfort found in physical seclusion
Cries
Deep into the cold empty night.
Is martyrdom recognized by Him
If consciously committed?
If the curse of solitude is ignored,
Could eternal damnation be worse
Than the alternative life
Without fulfillment?
What of the innocents?
What of those who seek an end
To my self-inflicted misery?
Should they be sucked down
Into the undertow of my whirlwind?
They are not deserving
Of the burden which haunts my every breath.
NO!
Those who would not unlove me shall not
Grieve for their joy lost.
I will not succumb to thy tortuous lament!
Dreams, I awaken thee!
Joy, I will embrace thee!
Faith, I will not lose thee!
Hope, I have found thee!
Love, I await and welcome thee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its always a joy to run across a bit of poetry while blogging alone and I'm glad that I came across yours.
I'm an american poet who is trying to find out if my poetry can stand up across cultural lines and you can help me with this buying visting my poetry site and letting me know what you think. Please feel free to jump around the site and leave a comment anywhere within
davidepatton.blogspot.com
I have a chap book that just came out and you can have it for free from
http://persistenciapress.tripod.com
persistencia_press@yahoo.com
Thank You
David